Air cooled industrial chiller
Air cooled industrial liquid chiller
Liquid chillers designed for process cooling 24/7, 365 days a year, air cooled with two refrigerant circuits and screw compressors optimized for the use of the environmentally friendly refrigerant R513A, dry expansion shell and tube evaporator and cooling capacity from 480 kW to 1627 kW.
Cosmotec experience in process cooling has led to the development of this range of industrial chillers capable of meeting the wide operating limits (both ambient and user side) required by the new technologies used for energy saving.
All chillers in the WSA range are characterized by high levels of energy efficiency (Class A or B) and comply with the limits required by the 2009/125/EC Ecodesign ErP 2021 Directive.
The integrated Free Cooling version available for the WSA range also allows for significant energy savings, especially when installed in areas with cold or temperate climates.
Available also in Low Noise version, ideal for installations near residential areas, our units maintain high performance and high energy savings, ensuring low noise.
The HT version is designed for applications with high temperature water (up to +25°C) and includes screw compressors with oversized motor.
The Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV) optimizes temperature and pressure of gas evaporation, increasing the efficiency at partial loads on the user side and helping to extend the operating range of the unit.
The Microchannel condensers are entirely made of aluminium and expressly designed to maximize the performance of the chiller, they allow to reduce the overall dimensions and to minimize the refrigerant charge. For a better resistance to corrosion, the e-coating protective treatment is available (option).
Free Cooling for energy savings
WSA chillers are available in an integrated Free Cooling version, which allows for significant energy savings, especially in applications requiring high cooling fluid temperatures (plastics, data centers) and installation in areas with cold or temperate climates.
By exploiting the external air to cool the fluid, the Free Cooling system can even replace the cooling circuit entirely, thus allowing the deactivation of the compressors.
Depending on the climatic conditions, the WSA chiller will use the most suitable operating mode between:
- Compressor Mode (DX): the user’s thermal load is met by the refrigerant circuit.
- Mix Mode: reduces energy consumption by exchanging part of the thermal heat with the ambient air. This solution partializes the operation of the compressors, as they only have to produce the missing part of the cooling capacity.
- Total Free Cooling: with low external air temperatures, the fluid is completely cooled by the ambient air. Energy consumption is minimized thanks to the operation of only the variable speed fans and the partializing valves.
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- ISO 50001
- UL Certificate
- EAC Air Conditioner
- Certificate F.GAS
Wide operating limits
Each application has different needs based on ambient temperature, fluid temperature, positioning, sound level, etc. Cosmotec is able to meet the most diverse needs, thanks to a wide range of options and the possibility to extend the operating limits of the WSA series chillers, if required.
- Very hot and dusty environment: WSA chillers are equipped with metal air filters to protect the condensers from dust and dirt. Operation is up to +55 °C with Unloading function. 100% cooling capacity is guaranteed down to +45 °C. If the temperature rises, the unloading function switches off the compressors without shutting them down.
- Very cold environment: the compressor compartment is closed and heaters are installed to protect the electrical panel, compressors, evaporator and the entire hydraulic circuit. Free Cooling goes down to -40°C (special execution) with specially selected components to guarantee long life to the chiller.
- High temperature water applications (plastics): the HT version cooling circuit is specially designed to reach high discharge temperatures. The compressor has an oversized motor that allows wide operating limits and high suction temperature.
Eco-friendly LOW GWP Version
WSA units are available with environmentally friendly R513A refrigerant that provides a reduction in global warming potential (GWP = 572). Rated A1 R513A is non-toxic and non-flammable.
Integrated hydronic unit (option)
The hydronic unit includes the main hydraulic components and is available in different configurations: with single or double centrifugal pump, high or low head, fixed speed or inverter controlled.
Due to its characteristics, the use of WSA Techno is particularly suitable in the following applications:
Food & Beverage
For any technical or price information on our air cooled industrial chiller WSA Techno, please fill in the form on the right and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Information pursuant to art. 13 of the European Regulation on the processing of personal data (GDPR – EU Reg. 679/16)
Pursuant to art. 13 of the EU Regulation 679/16, we provide you with the following information on the processing that may take place following the completion and sending of the data in the form you are about to fill in.
The data in the form will be used to answer your questions. You can consult the complete information at this link.
By submitting the form you agree to the Privacy conditions, which can be consulted at this link.